Time slips away from me much too fast! It’s already time for another Bakin’ Friends reveal – can you believe it? This month, the secret ingredient was lemon and I was paired up with Tami. I had baked for Tami in the past, so I was pretty excited that it was now her turn to bake for me!
I rarely seek out anything lemon flavored, and I have no idea why because I really enjoy it! Tami sent me a bunch of lemon butter cookies cutely decorated as lemons and lemon slices. I almost didn’t want to eat them. But, before I had even remembered that I needed to snap a picture, I had already eaten two cookies!
Lemon Butter Cookies
Source: Tami Sutter
4 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
5 cups powdered sugar
5 & 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice
5 – 6 tablespoons milk
1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, vanilla, and lemon zest until incorporated.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and combine until just incorporated.
4. Chill dough for 1 hour. Once chilled, roll and slice/cut.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Combine powdered sugar, melted butter and lemon juice. Add milk until desired consistency is reached. Decorate cookies once they have coooled completely.
If you’ve not yet joined the Bakin’ Friends group, you should go sign up! Every month we bake goodies using a secret ingredient. And the best part is, you’ll have a box of goodies waiting for you in your mailbox each month!