This month’s Bakin’ Friends secret ingredient was zucchini – a veggie I love but have never baked with! I’m not even sure of the last time I had a zucchini baked good!
I was matched up with Anne of Have A Cookie, who is seriously talented when it comes to decorating cookies! No really, go check out her site!
Anne sent me a loaf of pumpkin zucchini bread, which smelled and tasted divine! I ended up having it for breakfast every morning for an entire week! It’s super moist and full of pumpkin-y goodness!
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
Makes two 9″ x 5″ loaves
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup butter, melted (or 1 cup oil or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 heaping cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour two 9×5-inch loaf pans and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in the pumpkin, butter (or oil/applesauce), and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Gradually add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in the zucchini and nuts.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.
If you’re not already a part of the Bakin’ Friends group, you should go sign up!