Thin mints *and* junior mints in a muffin? Sign me up!
I am behind on things. Again. These muffins were from the lovely Stephanie at Steph’s Bite by Bite for our March Bakin’ Friend’s group. How she came up with the idea to put both thin mints and junior mints in a muffin, I will never know, but it was genius! With so much chocolate and mint, they tasted more like a dessert, but I still ate them for breakfast!
Triple Chocolate Thin Mint Muffins
Source: Steph’s Bite by Bite
Yields: 12 muffins
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed thin mints
1/2 cup junior mints
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2. Place butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
4. Stir in the milk, vanilla, eggs, and melted chocolate/butter mixture.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips, thin mints and junior mints.
6. Fill liners 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.